Whether you are allergic or following a strict diet like Gluten Free, Paleo, SCD etc.. these muffins are DELISH! My boys LOVE them and they don't even know they are FREE of anything evil.
Cinnamon Roll Muffins
What you will need to enjoy:
Muffin Ingredients (makes 8-10 muffins)
- 1/2 cup of yogurt (homemade or sugar/lactose free storebought)
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 2 eggs
- 2Tblspn applesauce
- 2 1/2 cups of blanched almond flour
- 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1Tblspn ground Cinnamon
CinnaMuffin Topping Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons of ground cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons of honey
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter, melted (coconut butter will work too)
- 1/4 cup of chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 315 degrees F.
- Combine wet muffin ingredients into a bowl and blend well
- Add dry muffin ingredients and blend well
- Place cupcake liners in a baking pan, and fill the liners halfway with batter.
- in small sauce pan, blend all the topping ingredients well and heat up until all melted.
- Add about a spoonful of topping to the center of each muffin. Save enough for top of muffins as well
- Now put another scoop of batter on top of each muffin until the batter just about reaches the top.
- Evenly distribute the remaining topping over the top of each muffin. You can also use a toothpick to poke at the top of each muffin to allow some topping to drip into the batter.
- Bake for about 25 minutes, or until a toothpick placed in the center of a muffin comes out clean